Monday, January 25, 2010

Work Hard, Be Kind

"All I ask is one thing... Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record, it's my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." 

- Conan O'Brien, 01/22/10

Tinamaan ako... right through the heart. This line got me so bad that I made it my shoutout on FB and Twitter, and now I'm blogging about it. Add that it was Conan O'Brien who said this in his final Tonight Show on NBC (anyone who knows me well knows that I am one huge Coco fan). Did you guys know he was Class Valedictorian in his high school and Magna Cum Laude when he graduated college at Harvard? Brilliant, right? I wouldn't have guessed it, knowing how he is with his silly antics and his almost senseless humor. Sure he does have a lot of wit and is really smart if you think about it, maybe he really is a natural host. But, seriously a "Harvard geek" like him? Becoming one of the greatest and arguably, the coolest late night show hosts of his time? That is an AMAZING THING. Now I believe, Conan... I believe!

When he passes, this quote will have to be written on his gravestone. I'm serious. It really is such a beautiful thing to say especially now that everyone seems to be so cynical of every thing that is happening in this world. Riches, prestige, and fame may give you the things that you desire in this lifetime... but passion, positivity, kindness, and sincerity will give you the THINGS YOU NEED.



I end this post with a video of Conan's very heartfelt speech. If you haven't seen this, I hope you watch... and I hope his words mean something to you as it had meant something to me.


3 comments:

  1. Ang dami-daming nalungkot no?
    How sad. He did say a lot of words of wisdom, sayang though na wala ng Conan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's sad. But maybe his career is just starting to really take off? I'm quite sure he'll get a show on another network. Maybe NBC letting him go was actually a good thing? Anyhoo, ang ganda-ganda lang talaga ng sinabi niya. =)

    ReplyDelete