Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Downside of Aging

Okay, okay, okay... I'm exaggerating. This is hardly what you'd call aging. I only turned 27 this year. (Yes, I'm only 27... Shut up!)

Seriously, though... I'm getting older. One downside of aging, among many things, is the slowing down of one's metabolism, and therefore gaining weight that is just so freakin' hard to get rid of. I, for one, have been trying to deny that I am now a participant in the metabolism game... yesterday morning, however, I had a rude awakening. Let me break it down to you...


You know your ass is getting bigger, when your favorite pair of jeans (actually, the only pair that fits you nowadays) rips at the butt area when you sit down hurriedly because you are running late for work. 

Well, that's what happened to me. Note that it wasn't just a small rip that could easily be hidden under my long shirt (the kind of shirt that disguises a protruding beer gut). The rip starts from the right butt cheek right down to the "kuyukot"  (only a word as nasty as this can make me blush) - that area below the bum. The clincher? I didn't notice it at first, so I did my errands (passed by the bank and the drugstore), and walked the busy BF Paranaque street, clueless that everyone behind me would be enjoying a free peep show featuring my ass. The only time I noticed that my ass and my underwear was exposed to the world was when I finally felt the "air-cool" feeling. Needless to say, I had no choice but to go back home and change my pants.



You know that feeling when you come home and notice that your fly was open the whole time you were outside the house? Multiply that feeling by 50... and that's exactly how I felt.

On the upside, I finally have a legitimate reason to shop for new clothes. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment